The 10th Latin American Symposium on Nuclear Physics and Applications will be held on December 1-6, 2013 in Montevideo, Uruguay. The symposium will be preceded by a School on Medical Physics, on November 29-30, 2013.
The symposium is organized by the Universidad de la República, Montevideo, by the National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory, Michigan, USA, and by the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, Virginia, USA.
This is the tenth event in a series which were previously held in Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile and Ecuador. Traditionally, the purpose of these symposia is the dissemination of major theoretical and experimental advances in nuclear science, with emphasis on research topics carried out by Latin American groups or in collaborations involving institutions from Latin America.
The topics of the symposium include:
- Nuclear and Hadron Structure and Interactions
- Nuclear Reactions and Phases of Nuclear Matter
- Nuclear and Particle Astrophysics
- Tests of Fundamental Symmetries and Properties of Neutrinos
- Nuclear Applications
- New Facilities and Instrumentation